1. I can be found mouthing the lyrics to these songs at the gym. Though they make me want to sing out loud, I reign in my excitement at the gym.
Favorite lines: “I’m strong, yeah I’m steady” and “In my heart I’m believing that I can see how I can live what I’m dreaming” Perfect mantras for the gym, and for life.
(I love the Justin Beiber version too.)
Favorite lines: “Step to the beat of my heart” and “Smile for me.” Make my heart melt. And great for the gym.
2. I’m loving smoothies right now. In November one of my goals was to eat one fruit and one veggie per day. Check off that fruit!
- Mixed berry–1 cup low fat plain yogurt, 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup milk, and 1/2 tbsp sugar (though add to your taste) in the blender.
- Strawberry Peach–1 cup low fat plain yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen peaches, 1/4 cup milk, and honey to taste (my taste is 1 tbsp) in the blender. Each of these makes one.
3. Inspired by Jess‘ post about writing a letter to herself, I’m working on my intentions for 2012, thinking about where I want to be come January 1, 2013, and what I want my life to look like. I’m really enjoying this exercise; it makes me hopeful for what 2012 will bring.
4. I’m looking forward to driving home with Mike today and
belting singing Christmas songs.
5. I really want to make this pomegranate vanilla sangria. I’m brainstorming events I could make this for. Any ideas?
6. One of your intentions for 2012 should be to make some of Jessica’s recipes. I’m not kidding.
7. I’m about halfway through The Hunger Games and I’m really enjoying it so far. I just got to the part where the games begin.
8. This tea is my go-to when I feel like I’m getting sick. It’s like a miracle worker. Knocks a cold right out.
9. I’m loving all of my readers. Thank you for reading and commenting!
10. Speaking of my readers: Before we knew that our bites were coming from bed bugs, I wanted to post a picture of the bites and see if any of you knew what they might be. Mike said that was gross and unless I could prove there were some doctors in my readership, he wouldn’t let me post pictures of his bites. So, who are you? What do you do? Any doctors out there?
I’d love to know:
What are you up to? What are you excited about these days?